If you want to have an advantage at the roulette table all you have to do is gather as much information on the subject as possible. There is something to the saying "knowledge is power", you know. Sometimes being better informed than the person standing next to you can mean the difference between winning or losing. That is why here we will discus about the roulette table.
The focus point of the roulette table is the wheel. There are two types of wheels: American wheels and European wheels. The only difference between these two types of wheels is the 00 slot. American wheels have a 00 slot while European wheels do not. The numbers on the wheel are arranged in such a way that all the numbers have equal chances of coming up. Also the numbers are red or black.
The roulette table layout is composed of two main sections. The inside section, where you can place inside bets, and the outside section, where you can place outside bets. Inside and outside bets offer different odds. Outside bets
We will first present the outside bets because these bets are very simple and offer good odds. Better odds than inside bets, anyway. Beginner players are well advised to start with this kind of bets.
Locating the outside betting area is very simple. It is the area on the table layout with no colored numbers on it. There are 5 different outside bets that you can place:
- Column bets. There are 3 columns on the roulette table, and each of these columns has 12 numbers. Making a column bet means that you have wagered that one number from one of these columns will win. The odds are 38-to-12.
- Dozen bet. Making a dozen bet means that you have wagered on 12 numbers, ranging from low (1-12), middle (13-24) to high (25-36). The odds are 38-to-12.
- Red-Black bet. The numbers on the wheel and on the table layout are either red or black. You can wager that the winning number will be either red or black. The odds are 38-to18. Red-black bets are very easy and a good starting bet for beginner players.
- Odd-even bet. This bet is similar to the red-black bet. The numbers on the wheel and on the table layout are either odd or even. You can wager that the winning number will be either odd or even.
- Low-high bet. The numbers 1 to 18 are known as low numbers. The numbers 19 to 36 are known as high numbers. When placing a low-high bet you are wagering that the winning number will be either a low or a high number. The odds are 38-to-18.
Now that you have understood the simple outside bets we should move on to more complex things, like inside bets. If you will take a few minutes to read the information presented below you should have no problem understanding inside bets.
The inside betting are is the part on the table layout with all the red and black colored numbers. There are 37 numbers on European wheels and 38 numbers on American wheels. There are 6 different inside bets that you can place:
- Straight up bet. This means that you have placed a bet on just one number. Make sure that your chips are directly above that number and that they are not touching the lines around it. The odds are 38-to-1.
- Split bet. If you want to place a bet on two neighboring numbers just put your chips on the line that separates these two numbers. This is called a split bet and you have wagered that any of those two numbers will win. The odds are 38-to-2.
- Street bet. A street refers to 3 numbers that are placed in a line, horizontally. The numbers 19, 20, and 21 for example are placed horizontally in a line. To make a street bet on these 3 numbers just place your chips on the end of this row. The odds are 38-to-3.
- Corner bet. The name of this bet makes practically explains the whole bet. There are four corners, and each corner is made up of four numbers. When making a corner bet you are wagering that one of the four numbers in a corner will win. The odds are 38-to-3.
- Five Number bet. A five number bet means that you have wagered on five numbers at the same time, but these numbers are 0, 00, 1, 2 and 3. You cannot place five number bets when playing a European wheel. The odds are 38-to-5.
- Line bet. This bet is similar to a street bet, just that you are betting on two adjacent streets at the same time, a total of 6 numbers. To make this bet just place your chips on the line separating the two rows of numbers. The odds are 38-to-6.
And this concludes our presentation of the roulette table.