- As an intelligent roulette player, you will try to make a series of predetermined bets rather than betting "all over the table". Always try to be consistent in your betting system
- If available, try to play single zero (European / French) roulette. They hold better odds than the American ones.
- If you are playing American roulette try to play at casinos that offer the surrender rule. This will cut the house edge almost as much as a single zero roulette wheel will, but only on even-money outside bets.
- Find tables that allow the "en prison" rule. This rule reduces the house edge by 50% on even-money bets.
- Start out with even money bets, such as red/black or low/high bets. Straight up bets may allure you with their 35/1 payouts, but you'll probably lose your stack of money before hitting one.
- The surrender rule gives players slightly better overall odds. Find a game that offers the surrender rule.
- For an efficient betting strategy aim to win more money in fewer winning spins.
- Don't spend your time looking for a biased roulette wheel. Although this may have been a valid methodology a couple of decades ago, any casino worth it's chandeliers checks it's own roulette wheels for biases.
- Part of the pleasure of roulette is to bet on your own or your loved ones' birth dates, dates of significance, athletes' jersey numbers, number of days that you've been married or any other lucky digits. Make sure you reserve some time and money for those special bets. After all, it can't be all about the money, and you just might get lucky!
- The modern roulette wheel is completely random, and a so-called streak can begin and end on any one number. Just about anyone that thinks they can predict the next series of numbers exactly is being quite foolish
- Practice smart money management. Ensure that you have a decent enough bankroll to carry you through whatever losing streaks you may experience from time to time
- Always remember to cash-in all your roulette chips after play. The chips are special to the roulette table, and can't be used in any other games.